Tea Tree Oil is not just for toenail fungus. In fact, it is such a versatile essential oil that you could consider it a “jack of all trades”! Since winter is the season for cold and flu suffering, we thought it would be worthwhile to give you one of our favorite uses for Tea Tree Oil with a little of our Peppermint Oil added in for good measure.
WHAT IS TEA TREE OIL?
Our Australian Tea Tree Oil (TTO) hails from, well, Australia! It comes from the leaves of the Melaleuca alternifolia plant. DO NOT be fooled by cheaper oils that hail from China. They do not work as well as the pure Australian TTO.
Tea tree oil is a natural antiviral, antifungal, and antibacterial. This is why we highly recommend it be added to our natural remedy for a stuffy nose outlined below and in our video on YouTube.
- Take a quart of water and either boil or heat in the microwave in a glass bowl.
- Add 3 drops each of Emmi’s Essentials tea tree oil and peppermint oil (both sold on EmmisEssentials.com).
- Then place a towel over your head and cover your head and the bowl so that no air or steam will escape from it.
- Now slowly inhale and exhale the steam for about 10 minutes or until you get relief from the congestion.
- Remember that you have to put your face near the bowl; but do not put your head in the bowl as this will burn your face.
- If this blend is too strong, add a little more hot water to dilute the essential oils.
- Do this process twice a day, once in the morning and once in the night before going to bed for normal breathing, until you get complete relief from the congestion.
The fresh camphorous aroma of the tea tree oil, mixed with the menthol aroma of the peppermint oil will help nasal passages open more and allow for better breathing. And, inhaling the antibacterial and antiviral properties of the tea tree oil can help kill the germs in your nasal passages.
Not only is tea tree oil a strong natural cold remedy. It is also a strong antifungal, and amazing for skin conditions such as acne, psoriasis, athlete’s foot, and dandruff.
Furthermore, TTO can be used to make money-saving, all-natural cleaners to sanitize your kitchen and bathroom!
Really, every home should stock a bottle of tea tree oil in their medicine cabinet and pantry! We keep a bottle in about every room of the house 🙂
Don’t suffer with sinus congestion for one more minute. Get this amazing “jack of all trades” essential oil today 🙂
P.S. We would love a Pin, Like, or Tweet! Please share 🙂